The Food Distribution Research Society (FDRS) is pleased to accept applications for the 2017 Richardson‐Applebaum Scholarship Award, which is awarded annually for outstanding student research in the area of food distribution and marketing. Broadly defined, this area encompasses all economic functions that occur between the farm gate and final consumer.
The competition is open to all graduate students with scholarly interest and career aspirations in the food distribution system who have completed the degree in 2016 or by May 2017.
- Cash stipends of (1) $1,250 for the best Ph.D. Dissertation, (2) $750 for the best M.S. Thesis, and (3) $750 for the best MS Case Study.
- Complementary student membership to FDRS.
- Complementary conference registration fees and recognition at the 2017 FDRS Annual Conference scheduled for October 20‐24, 2017 in Honolulu, HI. The recipients’ domestic travel expenses will also be paid by the society.
- The PhD recipient is invited to present his/her research at the conference.
To apply submit the following electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 15, 2017:
- Cover letter
- A copy of the dissertation/thesis/case study
- A letter of recommendation from the academic advisor
- A brief synopsis of: academic training, any food industry experience and/or research experience, and career interests, goals, and objectives
- Applicant’s contact information (name, mailing address, phone number, and email)