The Food Distribution Research Society (FDRS) is pleased to accept applications for the 2017
Research Paper Competition in the area of food distribution and marketing. Broadly defined, this area encompasses all economic functions that occur between the farm gate and final consumer.
This competition is open to all undergraduate students with scholarly interest and career aspirations in the food distribution system.
- Cash stipend of $500 for the best Undergraduate Student Research Paper.
- Complementary student membership to FDRS.
- Complementary conference registration fees and recognition at the 2017 FDRS Annual Conference scheduled for Oct 20‐24, 2017 in Honolulu, HI. The recipients’ domestic travel expenses will also be paid by the society.
- Submit the attached Statement of Intent form electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. This step is optional but strongly encouraged, as it will help us plan the review process.
- Write the research paper following the formatting guidelines provided below.
- Submit the following electronically to email@example.com by May 15th, 2017:
- Cover letter
- A copy of the complete research paper in Microsoft Word (*.doc, *.docx) or other compatible format
- A letter of recommendation from the research paper advisor
- A brief synopsis of: academic training, any food industry experience and/or research experience, and career interests, goals, and objectives
- Applicant’s contact information (name, mailing address, phone number, and email.