AAEA Trust Deadlines: October 17, 2016The AAEA Trust Committee invites nominations and applications for Special Purpose Fund scholarships. October 17, 2016 marks the due date for many of these Calls. Selected participants will be picked early 2017.
AAEA Trust Call for Proposals
The AAEA Trust Committee and Executive Board are seeking proposals for programs or projects that:
- Support development of graduate students and early career professionals
- Deepen participation in AAEA or reach out to new groups
- Enhance the AAEA Annual Meeting
Special Purpose Funds allow donors to support a particular award/scholarship each year in the name of a prominent agricultural or applied economist. Unlike Appreciation Clubs, Special Purpose Funds are restricted use funds, meaning that any donations they receive can only be used by that fund, and will not be included with the general funds of the Trust.
The following funds currently have open calls:
- Uma Lele Mentor Fellowship Award
- McCorkle Scholarship Applications
- Sylvia Lane Mentor Fellowship
- Anthony M. Grano Special Purpose Fund
These scholarships are made possible with your donations the AAEA Trust. The AAEA Trust is the non-profit fundraising arm of AAEA.
Please consider donating today to provide these programs with support in the coming years.