AAEA welcomes proposals for Case Studies for a special Invited Paper session that will be part of the 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting in San Francisco. Proposals from individuals or groups need to be submitted using the online Abstract Management System by Thursday, December 4, 2014.
Cases in this Invited Paper session may be published in the American Journal of Agricultural Economics in January 2016, subject to review (If your paper is accepted, you must inform Anna Douangphachanh at firstname.lastname@example.org of your plan to submit or not to submit to AJAE by March 18. Within that notification, authors should include a 250 word abstract of their paper).
Proposals are requested for case studies that show how the application of economic principles to decision making in the public and/or private sectors leads to better decisions. Any topic area that illustrates the application of economic principles is acceptable. Topic areas focusing on emerging issues such as: renewable ingredients, energy economics, food safety, and company environmental policies (e.g., green scorecard) are encouraged. Proposals will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- Deals with a problem that has a high level of importance/interest/relevancy to members of AAEA.
- Clear and concise teaching objective(s) and target audience(s) (e.g. undergraduate students, graduate students, extension audiences).
- Case summary that presents solutions and explanations of how the learning objectives are realized.
- Leads to a better understanding of how the application of economic principles improves decision making.
- A general description of the teaching plan for presenting the case to include expected student use of reference materials.
Selected case studies (with teaching note when applicable) should be completed by April 14, 2015. These completed versions will be reviewed by the invited case study committee, and feedback to improve the cases will be provided to the author(s). Final versions of the cases must be submitted to AgEcon Search by June 24, 2015 and should be submitted to the AJAE Proceedings Issue Editor by the same date if the authors wish the case study to be reviewed for publication in the AJAE.
Submit your Case Study proposals in the online Abstract Management System.
Read this article on the AAEA Website