Call for PapersNC-1177 Agricultural and Rural Finance Markets in Transition
The NC-1177 executive committee is currently seeking contributed papers for the selected paper sessions in the area of agricultural and rural finance markets. Papers that fit the committee’s four research objectives are highly encouraged. The objectives are:
- Investigate capital structure, financial performance, and investment strategies of firms producing renewable energy in context of long term climate change. Implications of these findings for agriculture and rural communities will be delineated.
- Identify financial institutions and services that benefit farmers and rural communities and expand agricultural markets, promote growth and trade in developing countries.
- Examine the impact of recent fluctuations in capital and commodity markets on the financial performance, credit availability, real estate values, and capital structure of farms, agribusinesses, and lenders in urban and rural communities.
- Evaluate the management strategies, capital needs, and policy impacting the financial performance and long-term sustainability of firms in the food and agribusiness sector.
- Policy outlook
- Risk management
- Water issues
- Income and asset values
- Data issues
- Loan repayment and debt issues
For further information about NC-1177 or the annual meeting, please contact a member of the executive committee: Mindy Mallory firstname.lastname@example.org, Todd Kuethe email@example.com, Ryan Larson firstname.lastname@example.org or Joleen Hadrich email@example.com.