Managing Editor ResponsibilitiesThe Managing Editor will work with an editorial team comprised of two additional Submitted Article Editors to manage the manuscript review process. The Managing Editor responsibilities include:
- Development and management of Featured Articles
- Submitted manuscript management which includes but is not limited to monitoring review timelines and distribution of submissions
- Oversight of special projects such as special issues and supplements
- Manage communications between editors
- Liaise on behalf of the journal with OUP and the AAEA Board
The new editor should be prepared to begin on January 1, 2017. There may be some training and coordination work starting around November 1, 2016.
Application RequirementsApplications should include:
- A statement of editorial philosophy and ideas for furthering the journal's goals,
- Indication of the candidate’s principal areas of expertise to support the AEPP’s mission,
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of administrative and financial support to be provided by the host institution.
Applications should be sent electronically via PDF to Brian Mondragón Jones, Executive Director, at email@example.com by May 1, 2016. Decisions will be made by early June.
Third-party nominations of potentially interested candidates who can then be solicited for their materials are also welcome.