The Farmer to Farmer program relies on the expertise of U.S. Citizens and great card holders to respond to agriculture and agribusiness needs in the developing world. Volunteers donate their time and Land O’Lakes, the Implementer for F2F in the MENA region, takes care of all of the volunteer’s travel arrangements and expenses relating to the assignment.
Farmer to Farmer Assignments are a great way to gain international work experience, offer expertise to those in need, and get a chance to see a new part of the world. Most Farmer to Farmer volunteers return to report great personal satisfaction from the experience.
Land O’Lakes is currently recruiting volunteers for the Following horticulture and value-added assignments for the Farmer to Farmer Program:
- Lebanon: Cold Storage and Packing
- Lebanon: Soil-less Strawberry Production
- Lebanon: Table Grapes Production
- Lebanon: Locust Bean Gum Extraction
- Lebanon: Agricultural Development Program Restructuring
- Lebanon: Mycrrhizae for Reforestation
- Lebanon: Pine Nut Production and Agroforestry Support
- Lebanon: Pine Nut Post-Harvest
- Lebanon: Needs Assessment for Rural Areas
- Egypt: Honey Processing and Packaging for Quality & Safety
- Egypt: Feasibility Study for E-Sales and Distribution of Horticultural Products
- Egypt: Olive Value Chain Analysis
- Egypt: Producing High-Quality Soft Cheese
- Egypt: Sweet Potato Production
- Egypt: Organic Fertilizer Management
If none of the above assignments fit your expertise or interest, but you are interested in volunteering in Egypt or Lebanon, we would still love to hear from you. You can send an emails to the above email address or apply online here. We may be able to find a project that suits your expertise and match you with ahost organization!