For Outstanding Research on Food Distribution and Marketing
The Food Distribution Research Society (FDRS) is pleased to accept applications for the 2015 Richardson-Applebaum Scholarship Award, which is awarded annually for outstanding student research in the area of food distribution and marketing. Broadly defined, this area encompasses all economic functions that occur between the farm gate and final consumer.
The competition is open to all graduate students with scholarly interest and career aspirations in the food distribution system who have completed the degree in 2014 or by May, 2015.
· Cash stipends of:
o $1,250 for the best PhD Dissertation
o $750 for the best MS Thesis
o $750 for the best MS Case Study or Research Paper
· Complementary student membership to FDRS
· Complementary conference registration fees and recognition at the 2015 FDRS Annual
Conference scheduled for October 9-14, 2015 in Philadelphia, PA. The recipients’ domestic travel expenses will also be paid by the society.
· The PhD recipient is invited to present his/her research at the conference.
To apply submit the following electronically at email@example.com
· Cover letter
· A brief synopsis of academic training, career interests, career goals and objectives, and a description of any food industry experience and/or research experience
· Name, mailing address, phone number, and e-mail of the applicant
· A copy of the dissertation/thesis/case study
· A letter of recommendation from the academic advisor