The Institutional and Behavioral Economics Section (IBES) of the Agricultural & Applied Economics Association (AAEA) is seeking submissions for the annual IBES Student Paper Competition. Awards will be presented during the IBES Section business meeting at the 2015 AAEA and WAEA Joint Annual Meeting in San Francisco.
What will the winners receive?
· First place receives a $500 award.
· Second place receives a $300 award.
· Third place receives a $200 award.
What are the paper requirements?
· The topic of the paper must assess or develop theoretical aspects of institutional and/or behavioral economics.
· Papers may be empirical or qualitative.
· Literature reviews will also be accepted.
· Papers must be authored by a student (graduate or undergraduate) or students. If the student is a co-author with a faculty member, the student must be the lead author.
· If you are uncertain about whether a paper you are considering submitting meets the above requirements, contact Dr. Trent Smith at email@example.com; phone: +64 3 479 4596.
What are the paper elements?
· The maximum page limit is 30 pages (including references and tables)
· Paper title
· Full name(s)
· Student(s) status: graduate or undergraduate
· E-mail address
· Full postal address
· The name and e-mail address of the faculty member or other academic supervisor who has been asked to verify eligibility
· A brief abstract that clearly articulates the institutional and/or behavioral economics issue(s) addressed by the paper
· References using a standard format for applied economics
· Paper must be in PDF format
What are the key dates?
· Papers are due January 31, 2015.
· Winners will be notified by May 15, 2015.
· IBES business meeting to take place during AAEA Annual Meeting (July 26-28, 2015).
Where do I send my paper?
Submit your paper as a PDF attached to an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Trenton G. Smith
Department of Economics
University of Otago
P.O. Box 56
For more information on IBES, visit http://www.aaea.org/sections/ibes/.