Call for Nominations (24 hours left)The Agricultural & Applied Economics Association (AAEA) Trust invites nominations for economists from low and lower-middle income countries to be awarded full travel grants to attend the 2015 AAEA Annual Meeting in San Francisco, CA July 26–28, 2015. Nominees should be professional economists who are from and residing in a low income or lower-middle income country. A complete list of qualifying countries is available here, under the headings “Low-income economies” and “Lower-middle-income economies”: http://data.worldbank.org/about/country-classifications/country-and-lending-groups#Low_income. Or see list below.
Nominees should be working in one or more of the following fields or another closely related field of applied economics: Agribusiness Economics and Management, Agricultural economics, Economic development, Food and consumer economics, Regional Economics, or Resource and environmental economics.
Nominations should include:
- Nominee’s name, institution, postal address, and e-mail address.
- Nominator’s name, institution, postal address, and e-mail address.
- Brief statement of support written by the nominator.
- Brief statement of interest written by the nominee.
- Proposed travel budget.
- Paper (no longer than 20pp. double-spaced pages, including tables and figures) describing the research to be presented at the meetings
Nomination packages should be submitted electronically in a single PDF to Brian Mondragon Jones at email@example.com by 5:00p.m. CST on Tuesday, November 4, 2014.
Selected applicants will be scheduled to present their research (as a paper or poster) during the meeting. Details regarding presentation will be provided after the acceptance notices are sent out.
The funds for these travel grants are provided by a grant from USDA-ERS.