AAEA and C-FARE Seek “We the Geeks” Submission Ideas!
“We the Geeks" is a new series of Google+ Hangouts presented by the President’s Office of Science and Technology Policy to highlight the future of science, technology, and innovation here in the United States. Topics such as commercial space exploration; science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) education; turning science fiction into science fact; and others will be discussed with Administration officials and key private sector contributors.
The AAEA and the Council on Food, Agricultural, and Resource Economics (C-FARE) seek submission ideas for an episode of the President’s “We the Geeks” Google+ Hangout series. The submission ideas should include the following components:
- A summary paragraph outlining the issue narrative, science, data, and research or analytics approaches that you suggest be highlighted in the program. (Submissions including infographics and other visuals are encouraged.)
- An explanation of why the topic will appeal to middle-school and/or high-school students.
- Up to five suggested speakers to speak on the topic (speaker groups can range from Nobel Prize winners to undergraduate students).
- Why this episode of “We the Geeks” will help make a difference in understanding science policy.
AAEA and C-FARE seek submissions related to:
- Securing food safety
- Elucidating global agricultural markets
- Extreme Weather Impacts
- Valuing the natural capital of our collective resources
- Urban agriculture and local foods
Submissions on other topics are also welcome.
For examples of “We the Geeks” episodes, please see here:
- We the Geeks: SUBMERGED!
- “Polar Vortex” and Extreme Weather
- The Future of Computing
- We the Geeks: Grand Challenges