C-FARE and AAEA submitted names from the profession to the National Academies to participate on a review of the USDA Agricultural and Food Research Initiative . AFRI recently posted the committee names and information on their website. Below are the names below of all the committee members, and you will see that two of our recommendations were accepted as part of the review committee.
- Lechtenberg, Purdue (Chair)
- Balling, Del Monte
- Belli, U of Tennessee
- Bruns, Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Buccola, Oregon State
- Carrington, Donald Danforth Plant Science Center
- Dilworth, NSF
- Garzon, BC
- Green, U of Nebraska
- Haggett, U of North Texas
- Hugoson, Global Initiative for Food Systems Leadership
- Osborn, UC Davis
- Pardey, U of Minnesota, St. Paul
- Rockey, NIH
- Ruzante, Pew
- Zuiches, NC State
Congratulations and thanks to Steve Buccola and Phil Pardey for representing the profession!
The academies is also seeking some public feedback as part of this project, so visit the review website to submit your comments.