Registration Desk Location
You can pick up your program, name badge, and any tickets you’ve purchased at the Registration Desk in the Washington State Convention Center on the Sixth Floor. The Registration Desk will be open:
- Saturday, August 11
4:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Sunday, August 12
7:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Monday, August 13
7:30 am – 5:00 pm
- Tuesday, August 14
7:30 am – 4:00 pm
Annual Meeting Receipts Paperless This Year
In an effort to save paper and simplify the process for attendees, AAEA will not be providing each attendee with a printed copy of their receipt in Seattle. If you need a receipt you have three options available to you:
- Use the PDF receipt e-mailed to you when you registered for the meeting
- Request a new e-mailed receipt (either by e-mailing Info@aaea.org or from AAEA Staff in Seattle)
- Request a printed copy from AAEA Staff at the Registration Desk
Where to Find Free Food and Drinks at the Meeting
As an Annual Meeting attendee, you'll receive several opportunities to enjoy free food or drinks. Here's what you can expect in Seattle:
- Welcome Reception, Sunday 8:00 pm – 10:00 pm: The Welcome Reception takes place immediately after the Keynote Address at the Sheraton Seattle and will feature small bite hors d'oeuvres, chips and salsa, cookies and brownies, and a cash bar.
- Continental Breakfast, Monday, 7:30 am – 8:00 am and Tuesday, 8:00 am – 8:30 am: A breakfast of pastries, coffee, and tea will be served in the Convention Center in Ballroom 6E immediately preceding the first event of the day.
- Networking Lunch, Tuesday, 11:30 am – 12:30 pm: Soup and sandwiches will be provided for all attendees in the poster hall.
- Closing Reception, Tuesday, 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm: You can enjoy complimentary light snacks as the meeting draws to a close.
Special Sessions Taking Place during Tuesday Lunch
Three sessions will take place during lunch on Tuesday, 11:30 am – 12:30 pm. The same food served at the Networking Lunch will be provided for attendees of these sessions.
ASSA Session: Finding a Job at the ASSA Meetings
11:30 am – 12:30 pm, Room 618
The ASSA Annual Meeting is a critical part of the job market for economists. Academic institutions, government agencies, and private sector firms from around the world use this meeting as a place to screen and sometimes hire applicants for job openings. For job seekers, this meeting offers an opportunity to make applications come alive through personal interviews.
This session is designed to help early career professionals find their way in this lively, sometimes confusing marketplace. Presenters include a university department head, a government agency administrator, and a new assistant professor who successfully interviewed at ASSA.
- Jon Brandt, Professor and Head of the Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics at North Carolina State University – “The University Perspective”
- Steven Sexton, Assistant Professor in the Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics at North Carolina State University – “The Recent Hire Perspective”
- James MacDonald, Chief of the Agricultural Structure and Productivity Branch, USDA-Economic Research Service – “The Public Agency Perspective”
11:30 am – 12:00 pm, Room 619
Hear suggestions for using your iPad or tablet for collaboration and research. Learn about apps for sharing documents with others, taking notes, managing citations, tracking projects, word processing, and more.
AgEcon Search Session: Organizing a PDF Library
12:00 pm – 12:30 pm, Room 619
Are your electronic reprints hard to organize and even harder to [re]find? Learn about a few of the tools available for organizing and accessing your pdf files.
Internet Access in Seattle
The Washington State Convention center offers free WiFi in certain common areas. Free Wi-Fi locations include: Level 1, in the seating area near the Seattle Visitor Center, Level 2, in the International Meeting Place by The Juicy Café, and Level 4, in the seating areas near Subway and Tully’s.
Internet kiosks will also be available for meeting attendees to check their e-mail using provided laptops in the Washington State Convention Center on the sixth floor.
Getting from the Airport to the Meeting
The Seattle/Tacoma International Airport (SEA) is about a 20 minute drive from our meeting location. There are several different options available for traveling between the Seattle/Tacoma International Airport and the Sheraton Seattle Downtown, including the light rail and an airport shuttle. You can learn more about these options on the Annual Meeting website.
AAEA Business Meeting
AAEA’s annual Business Meeting will take place on Monday at 8:00 am in Seattle. Be sure to review the minutes from last year’s meeting and the meeting agenda before you arrive.