Registration Desk Location
You can pick up your program, name badge, and any tickets you’ve purchased at the Registration Desk in the David L. Lawrence Convention Center on the Third Floor. The Registration Desk will be open:
- Sunday, July 24
8:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Monday, July 25
7:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Tuesday, July 26
7:00 am – 4:00 pm
AgEcon Search Sessions to Take Place on Monday
AgEcon Search is hosting two short sessions over the lunch hour on Monday. The sessions will focus on:
- Zotero (12:00 pm): Learn a few tips for using the free citation manager Zotero, for collaborative work. You can share with colleagues at your institution as well as those at other institutions.
- Dropbox (12:30 pm): Hear about the basics of Dropbox, a service that allows you to sync documents across multiple computers or mobile devices. As their Web site says, "Never email yourself a file again!"
Where to Find Free Food and Drinks at the Meeting
As a Joint Annual Meeting attendee, you'll receive several opportunities to enjoy free food or drinks. Here's what you can expect in Pittsburgh:
- Welcome Reception, Sunday 8:00 pm – 10:00 pm: The Welcome Reception takes place immediately after the Keynote Address and will feature complimentary hors d'oeuvres and a cash bar.
- Morning Coffee, Monday and Tuesday, 7:30 am – 9:00 am: Free coffee and tea will be available in the convention center both mornings.
- Afternoon Break, Monday and Tuesday, 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm: Iced tea and lemonade will be served for free in the Poster Hall.
- Closing Reception, Tuesday, 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm: You can enjoy complimentary light snacks as the meeting draws to a close.
Internet Access in Pittsburgh
Internet kiosks will be available for meeting attendees to check their e-mail using provided laptops in the The David L. Lawrence Convention Center. Free wireless internet access will not be available in the convention center.
The city of Pittsburgh offers two hours of free WiFi downtown outside each day. To access it, you simply need to select the "WiFi Pittsburgh" network and then register using your browser.
Guests at the Westin receive free wireless internet access in public areas and in their room. Guests at the Omni can receive free wireless internet access by registering for the free Omni Select Guest loyalty program.
Getting from the Airport to the Meeting
The Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT) is about a 25 minute drive from our meeting location. There are several different options available for traveling between the Pittsburgh International Airport and the Westin Convention Center, including Airport Shuttle and Taxi. You can learn more about these options on the Joint Annual Meeting website.
AAEA Business Meeting
AAEA’s annual Business Meeting will take place on Monday at 8:00 am in Pittsburgh. Be sure to review the agenda and minutes from last year’s meeting before you arrive.