AFRI – Agricultural Economics and Rural Communities Program
Topic: Rural Entrepreneurship
Date: November 18, 2010
Time: 2:00 to 3:30 pm EST
Dr. Charles Tolbert, Baylor University,
Nascent Employer and Their First Employees: Hope for Development in Rural America
Dr. Peter Schaffer, West Virginia University,
Collaborative Research: Evaluation without Bias: New Performance Measures for Business Incubators in Rural America
Dr. Catherine Keske, Colorado State University,
Using Mountain Ecosystem Services to Provide Sustainable Economic Growth and Job Development in Rural Communities
Dr. Frank Farmer, University of Arkansas,
Entrepreneurial Development Targeting Rural Hispanic Immigrants: A Collaborative Research and Extension Effort
Purpose:To disseminate research findings of AFRI funded projects and to identify future research needs. This webinar may be of use to researchers and policy makers interested in rural entrepreneurship; students and faculty interested in rural development; and potential applicants to the AFRI Agricultural Economics and Rural Communities program.
To take part in this webinar:
- Open your internet browser and go to http://nifa-connect.nifa.usda.gov/aercp/
- Login as you and will be connected to the webinar.
- Login ahead of time to ensure that your computer will work with USDA/NIFA system.
- Capacity is limited to 70 attendees only.
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional or Home Edition with Service Pack 2 or Windows Vista
- Internet Explorer 6+, Netscape Navigator 8.1+, Mozilla Firefox 1.5.03+, Mac OS X v10.4+, or Safari 2.0+
- Adobe Flash Player 10
- Broadband connection, and cookies enabled in browser